Sleep is a very important factor when it comes to getting better health. Melatonin supplements are known to help with that. But apart from that use, the best melatonin brand and products also cater to other health benefits that are beyond sleep. We will look more into that in this read and we’ll also discover how melatonin works in our body when it is consumed in supplements. Our modern way of living has made it difficult for our bodies to get their much-needed time for resting. This is mostly due to cultural and environmental factors.
According to recent statistics, at least 70 million adults in the United States have wakefulness or sleep disorders. This is based on the data of the National Institute of Health. It is also said that the total population of the survey has at least 35.3% of adults that have fewer than 8 or 7 hours of sleep in a day. This just shows how big of an issue getting enough sleep is in this day and age. The good thing though is that melatonin supplements- which are known to have effects on better sleep- come in many varieties. And we will know more about the best melatonin brands and how it essentially works today.
Melatonin and Facts
Dietary supplements are everywhere and you can count melatonin on that list. It is a common kind of supplement that has been gaining popularity these days due to its effects on sleep and other aspects of health. The substance itself is one of the many hormones produced in the body. It is being produced in the brain from the pineal gland. Its main role is to regulate the body’s normal rhythm as well as the body’s natural cycle of sleep.
This is the main reason why most of the best melatonin brand products are being used as a sleep aid to help treat sleep problems such as insomnia. It’s a supplement available in the US and you can also get it as an OTC or over the counter medication. In some parts of the world, you may still need a prescription to get this medicine from the pharmacy.
Aside from its known benefits in regulating the sleep cycle, the hormone melatonin also has several health benefits which may include the following:
- Supports better routines in sleeping and wakefulness. It is touted as the sleep hormone because it can aid better sleep and treat common sleep problems. Not only that, but it could also improve the quality of sleep that you are getting.
- Increased capacity of human growth hormones. HGH or Human growth hormones are important for cellular regeneration and growth. With high levels of this, it can also boost muscle mass and strength.
- May reduce seasonal depression and symptoms. The or seasonal affective disorder is a kind of depression that affects at least 10% of the whole human population across the globe. This is related to depression that you feel when there is a change of season. It typically shows in early winter to late fall.
- Could help in treating GERD. GERD is a stomach acid backflow to the esophagus. This then causes heartburn, belching, and nausea. The best melatonin brand products could help in blocking the secreted acids in the stomach.
- Promotes better eye health. Since melatonin is high in levels of antioxidants, it may prevent damages in cells which in turn could keep the eyes healthy.
Best Melatonin Brand today
We already know how melatonin works. It’s best for those who would like to get better quality of sleep as well as for those who would like to improve overall health. We have collated and researched the best melatonin brands you can find in the market today based on the reviews and comments made by those who have used it already.
Sleep is very important so that you can work to your fullest potential and function at your best. So what are you waiting for? Here are the 9 best melatonin brands that you can check out and try for yourself.
- Nature Made Melatonin: This one tops the list for overall benefits. It’s made from ingredients that are high-quality, affordable, and very easy for you to swallow.
- Pure Encapsulations Melatonin: If you are prone to allergies and afraid to try melatonin supplements, this one’s for you. It is one of the best melatonin brands that are allergy-friendly as it is from wheat, eggs, gluten, magnesium stearate, sweeteners, artificial colors, hydrogenated fat, and peanuts.
- Nature’s Bounty Melatonin: For something that would fit your budget, Nature Bounty’s products are a bull’s eye. It’s also best for those who are traveling as it has quick dissolving effects which make it easier to take even without water.
- Source Naturals Sleep Science: If tablets and capsules are not for you, why not try lozenges? This one comes in an orange-flavored and quick-dissolving lozenge.
- Natrol Melatonin Advanced Sleep Tablets with Vitamin B6: It contains Vitamin B6 of at least 10 milligrams which helps the sleep hormones better.
- Megafood Melatonin Berry Good Sleep Gummies: Perfect for kids and kids at heart! These gummies can boost melatonin effects and they come in wild blueberry and organic cherry tart flavors.
- Source Naturals Melatonin NutraSpray: You don’t have to carry tablets, gummies, or syrups. This one comes in a spray so you don’t need water or anything with you to take it.
- NOW Supplements Melatonin: For capsules that are easy to digest and swallow, this brand comes in 5 milligrams of melatonin that promotes powerful sleep effects.
- Puritan’s Pride Premium Super Strength Melatonin: This one contains 10 mg of melatonin in a capsule and it’s designed for rapid effects. That way, you would not need to wait very long to make it work.
Dosage and Safety
Studies show that melatonin is non-addictive and safe for long term and short term use. However, it’s still best to consult your doctor for the proper dosage. Note that either of the best melatonin brands that we have listed above is still not recommended for children and kid’s use as most of the research about melatonin is still limited to adults.
Take the supplement with a lower dose first for at least 0.5 mg to 10 mg per day. And then you can try increasing it to at least a 2-3milligrams at a time if it’s needed. The best melatonin brand supplements work better when it’s taken 30 minutes before you go to bed. But just to be on the safe side, always read the labels and follow the recommendation of dosage.